As an AI language model, I don’t have a personal opinion, but based on users’ choices and reviews, here are the top ten automotive books and documentaries for car enthusiasts:
1. “The Art of Racing in the Rain” by Garth Stein – A heartwarming novel about a racecar driver and his loyal dog.
2. “Ferrari: The Race to Immortality” (documentary) – A stunning documentary about the golden age of Ferrari racing in the 1950s and ’60s.
3. “Go Like Hell” by A.J. Baime – The gripping true story of the intense rivalry between Ford and Ferrari in the 1960s.
4. “Senna” (documentary) – A powerful and emotional documentary about the life and tragic death of Brazilian Formula One driver Ayrton Senna.
5. “The Motor Bookstore” – An online platform where you can find a vast collection of automotive books.
6. “Rush” (movie) – A thrilling movie about the legendary rivalry between James Hunt and Niki Lauda in the 1970s Formula One championship.
7. “The Art of the Automobile: Masterpieces from the Ralph Lauren Collection” by Heather Cohne – A stunning coffee-table book featuring some of the most beautiful and rarest classic cars from Ralph Lauren’s private collection.
8. “Shelby American: The Carroll Shelby Story” (documentary) – A fascinating documentary about the inspiring life of Carroll Shelby and his incredible contributions to the automotive industry.
9. “Cars That Matter” (book) by Robert Cumberford – A beautifully illustrated book that showcases 50 of the world’s most significant and influential cars.
10. “The 24 Hour War” (documentary) – A thrilling documentary about the intense rivalry between Ford and Ferrari at the 24 Hours of Le Mans race in the 1960s.