There’s no fixed amount of time for a Tyre to last except for trailer tyres that have been known to last for more than six years with a special permit for speed of 60mph maximum.
In other news, the lifespan of the tyres depends on the driver to know. Nevertheless, it is mandatory by the road and traffic regulations for each car that moves on the road. It is in the best condition and safe to drive. This includes the tyres of the vehicles.
There are few things to keep in mind before choosing by either using the tyres or changing them. Firstly, your care is made with four tyres. Each of the casing has a 3mm depth or 4mm depth for summer and winter tyres respectively and should not be more than ten years old.
Having this knowledge will keep you on the safe side; also you will have enough time to arrange for the replacement of the tyres before they are worn out completely. The law prescribes a minimum tread length of 1.8mm.
Tips To Extend Your Tyre Lifespan At A Glance
- Purchase summer tyres with a tread depth of 4mm at least or winter tyres with 3mm tread depth and not more than ten years old.
- Material properties of the tyres wear off with constant use and age regardless of wear and tear and mileage.
- Get informed on the manufacturing date of the tyres by going through the DOT code imprinted on the casing. This will help you know many years your tyre has been in existence and also tells if you need to change it.
- Examine the sidewalls of your tyre tread often to know if it’s wearing off.
- Ensure proper storage of your tyres.
- Do not fail to visit the ร้านขายยางรถยนต์ (tyre shop, which is the term in Thai) in the event of complications on your tyres.